International Adoption Book

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sad News For Our Family

It is with extreme sadness that Matt and I must inform our readers that we will no longer be able to move forward with the adoption of our next child at this particular juncture. The failure of the sale of our property combined with Matt's upcoming deployment and C's continued bonding delay (with Daddy) has stopped our forward momentum.

I am crushed to the limits of my endurance, though I recognize the need for our decision. I hope you will all bear with us as we make this final change. We hope to add to our family through adoption again, though it will be a few years coming.

We truly believe there is another child out there waiting for us. I will be praying for his/her safety during the long wait for us to bring him/her home. In the mean time, we will continue to save in the hopes of doing just that!

Wishing you all much peace (and hoping I can find my own),
Matt & Manette

3 comments:

Heather BT said...

Prayers going up my friend, blessings to be coming down I'm sure.
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Liene said...

When the time is right it will happen again. I know I should remind myself of that daily. Nonetheless it is extremely frustrating.

It's more frustrating when you can see that your son is desperate for interaction with other children and doesn't stop asking when his sister is coming home from China.

Kari Frost said...

Manette!

I'm so sorry to hear this! I just started reading your blog...go figure! I know that someday you will bring your child home and it will be a day of celebration! Sending you all lots of love and prayers for peace!

Blessings,

Kari Frost