International Adoption Book

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy B-Day, Manette!!!

Today is my b-day. I am 37 years old (woo-hoo)! The kids let Matt and I sleep in this morning (which was NOT planned) and we were surprised at the time when they came into our room at 7:50am. M, speaking loudly, said, "Good Morning, Mom and Dad!" C just stood in the doorway waiting to see if we would wake up. When we were able to open our eyes, both kids ran over to our bed and jumped on us giving hugs and kisses (I love these kinds of "good morning" rituals).

At all this racket att dove out of bed and tried to usher the kids out of our room. I wanted to snooze a bit more, but I really didn't mind the kids being around. So, Matt happily left the room only to come back a few moments later bearing a gift... (Surprise!!!)

The bag was heavy and the card was large. Both things were absolutely perfect and solely from the kids! I read the card, which had the most beautiful sentiments about how wonderful I am as a mother and how much they would miss in life if they didn't have me! I cried the entire time I read it. The tears flowed even more when I opened my gift...

I was given a DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME!!! I have some photos on it already, but will be adding and removing photos over the next few weeks in order to have a complete collection of photos depicting the amazing life I've had! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU, lovely family... This was the best gift you could have gotten for me!!!

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy Birthday!! (belated).
Hope you had a great weekend!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Special K said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope your day was great!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday Manette! Sounds like you had a wonderful start to the day! I love the new pics on your last couple of posts. I need to figure out how to put video on my blog. I just can't get it.

Have a great week!

Jean in Guam